MongoDB and Python
By: Niall O'Higgins
Product Details: Share this by email:
This guide explains the basics of the document-oriented database and shows you how to set up a Python environment with it. Learn how to read and write to MongoDB, apply idiomatic MongoDB and Python patterns, and use the database with several popular Python web frameworks. You'll discover how to model your data, write effective queries, and avoid concurrency problems such as race conditions and deadlocks.
The recipes will help you:
- Read, write, count, and sort documents in a MongoDB collection
- Learn how to use the rich MongoDB query language
- Maintain data integrity in replicated/distributed MongoDB environments
- Use embedding to efficiently model your data without joins
- Code defensively to avoid keyerrors and other bugs
- Apply atomic operations to update game scores, billing systems, and more with the fast accounting pattern
- Use MongoDB with the Pylons 1.x, Django, and Pyramid web frameworks
Niall O'Higgins is a software consultant specializing in mobile, tablet and cloud computing. His accomplishments include designing and implementing numerous mobile and web platforms using MongoDB, Python and Pylons/Django/Pyramid. Prior to starting his consulting business, he was a software engineer at Metaweb Technologies, where he worked on Freebase.com (now owned by Google). He is the founder and organizer of both the San Francisco Python Web Technology Meet-up, PyWebSF and the Bay Area Tablet Computing Group, We Have Tablets. He has published quite a bit of Open Source software - contributing to OpenBSD and Pyramid among others - and frequently speaks at conferences and events.
Free Shipping on all orders of Rs.500 and above. Add Rs.30 otherwise. | Delivered in 5 working days
(Cash on delivery available)
Be assured. 7 days Return & Refund Policy.