OPERATIONS RESEARCH : Principles and Applications
By: SRINIVASAN G.
Product Details: Share this by email:
The book introduces the readers to various models of Operations Research (OR), such as transportation model, assignment model, inventory models, queueing theory and integer programming models. Various techniques to solve OR problems' faced by managers are also discussed. Separate chapters are devoted to Linear Programming, Dynamic Programming and Quadratic Programming which greatly help in the decision-making process.
The text facilitates easy comprehension of topics by the students due to inclusion of:
• Examples and situations from the Indian context.
• Numerous exercise problems arranged in a graded manner.
• A large number of illustrative examples.
The text is primarily intended for the postgraduate students of management, computer applications, commerce, mathematics and statistics. Besides, the undergraduate students of mechanical engineering and industrial engineering will find this book extremely useful. In addition, this text can also be used as a reference by OR analysts and operations managers.
NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION
• Includes two new chapters:
- Chapter 14: Project Management--PERT and CPM
- Chapter 15: Miscellaneous Topics (Game Theory, Sequencing and Scheduling, Simulation, and Replacement Models)
• Incorporates more examples in the existing chapters to illustrate new models, algorithms and concepts
• Provides short questions and additional numerical problems for practice in each chapter
Preface Acknowledgements 1. Linear Programming Formulations 2. Linear Programming--Solutions 3. Duality and Sensitivity Analysis 4. Transportation Problem 5. Assignment Problem 6. Advanced Linear Programming 7. Integer Programming 8. Network Problems 9. Travelling Salesman and Distribution Problems 10. Dynamic Programming 11. Basic Queueing Models 12. Non-linear Programming 13. Deterministic Inventory Models 14. Project Management--PERT and CPM 15. Miscellaneous Topics (Game Theory, Sequencing and Scheduling, Simulation, and Replacement Models) Solution to Selected Numerical Problems Appendix • Bibliography • Index
FREE SHIPPING | Delivered in 5 working days
(Cash on delivery available)
Be assured. 7 days Return & Refund Policy.