PRINCIPLES OF MASS TRANSFER AND SEPARATION PROCESSES
By: Binay K. Dutta
Product Details: Share this by email:
This book is recommended in NIT Agartala, Assam, Assam Engineering College, Assam, IIT Guwuhati, Assam, West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), West Bengal for B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Calcutta Institute of Technology, West Bengal and NIT Rourkela, Odisha for B.Tech (Chemical Engineering).
The principles of mass transfer, both diffusional and convective have been comprehensively discussed. The application of these principles to separation processes is explained. The more common separation processes used in the chemical industries are individually described in separate chapters.
The book also provides a good understanding of the construction, the operating principles, and the selection criteria of separation equipment. Recent developments in equipment have been included as far as possible.
The procedure of equipment design and sizing has been illustrated by simple examples. An overview of different applications and aspects of membrane separation has also been provided. 'Humidification and water cooling', necessary in every process indus-try, is also described. Finally, elementary principles of 'unsteady state diffusion' and mass transfer accompanied by a chemical reaction are covered.
SALIENT FEATURES :
• A balanced coverage of theoretical principles and applications.
• Important recent developments in mass transfer equipment and practice are included.
• A large number of solved problems of varying levels of complexities showing the applications of the theory are included.
• Many end-chapter exercises.
• Chapter-wise multiple choice questions.
• An Instructors manual for the teachers.
FREE SHIPPING | Delivered in 5 working days
(Cash on delivery available)
Be assured. 7 days Return & Refund Policy.