PRINCIPLES OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
By: Das Animesh
Product Details: Share this by email:
This detailed introduction to transportation engineering is designed to serve as a comprehensive text for under-graduate as well as first-year master's students in civil engineering. In order to keep...Read more
This detailed introduction to transportation engineering is designed to serve as a comprehensive text for under-graduate as well as first-year master's students in civil engineering. In order to keep the treatment focused, the emphasis is on roadways (highways) based transportation systems, from the perspective of Indian conditions.
This book is recommended in IIT Guwuhati, Assam, National Institute of Technology, Patna.
• Analysis of those characteristics of vehicles and drivers which affect traffic and design of traffic facilities.
• Principles of road geometry design and how to lay a road.
• Characterization and analysis of flows on highways, unsignalized intersections, and signalized intersections.
• Design principles of traffic facilities.
• Modern problems of mobility, access, and congestion in transit systems.
• Engineering characteristics of pavement materials.
• Structural analysis and design of highway pavements.
• Construction techniques of highways with special reference to the Indian conditions.
• Maintenance strategies for highways.
• Concise reference to elements of highway economics.
The book includes many figures, worked-out examples, and exercises that highlight practical engineering design consid-erations in real-time problems.
Other books by Das Animesh
Free Shipping on all orders of Rs.500 and above. Add Rs.30 otherwise. | Delivered in 5 working days
(Cash on delivery available)
Be assured. 7 days Return & Refund Policy.