TEXTBOOK OF FABRIC SCIENCE
Fundamentals to Finishing
By: SEKHRI SEEMA
Product Details: Share this by email:
This book is a small step in the direction of giving an Indian perspective in understanding the world of fabrics by explaining the factors that contribute to the aesthetics as well as performance of a textile...Read more
This book is a small step in the direction of giving an Indian perspective in understanding the world of fabrics by explaining the factors that contribute to the aesthetics as well as performance of a textile product.
Organised in six parts, this book adopts a systematic approach in defining and exploring the concepts of fabric science. Part I (Fundamentals) discusses the history, composition, classification and properties of textile fibres. Part II (Fibre) focuses on the typical traits of the fibre family. Part III (Yarns) deals with yarn production and its properties. Part IV (Fabrics) covers weaving, knitting and other miscellaneous methods of fabric construction along with the emphasis on the type of fibres used in each case. Part V (Finishing) highlights the colouration and functional finishes of any fabric. Part VI (Consumer Concerns) is aimed at enhancing consumer satisfaction by generating awareness among consumers.
Intended for the undergraduate students of Home Science and Fabric and Apparel Science, the book will also cater to the various courses of fashion designing institutes.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• A new chapter on Choosing an Appropriate Fabric: Guidelines for Consumers
• University Test Papers for revision before exams
• Relevant illustrations and images to help in grasping the steps of fabric construction.
• Chapterend exercises aimed at testing the factual knowledge, understanding and application of the concepts.
• Simple examples from everyday life to instil a sense of curiosity in the reader's mind to know more about the intriguing world of textiles.
Looks like the book you were looking for is currently not in stock with us. Please leave us your email and phone number.
We will get back to you as soon as it's available.
|Enter characters from image|